Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The joys of BT

On 01/09/16 10:58, tony sayer wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
On 31/08/16 10:26, tony sayer wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
On 30/08/16 23:05, tony sayer wrote:

Update. BT India phoned last Friday, to tell me my line was
perfect! I pointed out that there were 2 Open Reach reports that stated
otherwise as the line is shorted. Today I had another Indian call to
confirm that my line was perfect and that Open Reach had repaired the
fault. I was able to point out to India, that they had just called me on
my landline and the call would not go through. They had then called my
mobile and I was able to assure them that not only had the call not gone
through, but my broadband speed had halved from normal. Also the
broadband noise margin had dropped from 12db to 6db between this morning
and this afternoon! They decided that perhaps they needed to talk to
Open Reach again!

I think that BT/ Openreach could improve their services no end if they
bought their own communications back to the UK mainland. Every Openreach
bloke i have ever spoke to moaned about "bloody India" and what goes on
or rather doesn't there..

BT is not Openreach. Openreach don't have customer service.

That's handled by BT wholesale and talks only to wholesale customers -
like BT retail.

You problem is that BT *retail's* customer services are utter crap and
based in ...well you know where.

I think you'll find that Openreach are closer to BT in practice than
might be thought, seems from what I hear their techs have around as many
problems as what the public do!..

Yes, but their techs are steps closer to you with an independent ISP in
the loop instead of BT retail.

Yes they the still have to use "India" for a lot of information they
need..

Not me, not ever since I left BT.

The India call centres are all BT retail.

Not BT wholesale.

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.