Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Got out just in time.

On Thursday, 1 September 2016 10:46:40 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 14:45:53 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
WTF are you talking about ? If we have a trade deal with the USA will
the cost of say an iphone go up or down ?

Apple sets the price they sell things at - not governments.

Who sets the price of VW cars ?

The dealer you buy it from.

Who's that ?

Who sets the price of scotch whisky ?

The shop you buy it from.

So not the dealer.

If they are
paying duty,

what do you mean by IF.

There are no tariffs within the EU.

So, what difference does that make ?

they should be able to reduce the price if that goes - but they ain't
forced to. They might just prefer a larger profit if it doesn't effect
sales.

So what's the advantage to having a trade deal as they appear so
neccessary ?

No tariffs between those with the deal. Or lower ones compare to from
countries with no deal.

We don't have a deal with the USA.
Does teh USA impose a tarrif on stuff from the USA ?

It's a question you keep on asking and getting answers to. But
presumably are waiting for an answer which suits you.

No answer has come.

You seem totally unable to understand the basic concept.

The concept is flawed that is the problem.

You might think you know the concept because you have it wrong.

Why is it that the EU is currently refusing a trade deal ...

explain to me why we in the EU and or those negotiating a trade deal with the USA arent; jumping at it because as you say we wonlt be subjected to the tarrifs.

It's rather like jimmy saville giving free sweets to kids because his a nice person and doesn't want kids to have to pay for sweets.