Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Got out just in time.

On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 19:59:47 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

We're seeing various trade negotiations in trouble -
like between the US and EU. Canada and the east.

It was a pretty **** deal from what I;'ve heard from other sources,
such as insiting we buy drugs from the USA even if we didn't need
them. Thre were plenty of oppersition to TTIP

Of course. Each country wants the very best deal it can get. For
itself.

So no trade will ever be done then.

Even you should have noticed that there is no trade deal between
the EU and the USA and yet lots of trade between them.

Yes I have noticed and I've mentioned it many times including
when I have ordered Apple products over the last 20+ years
but we've never had a trade deal with them. So explain why
we need a trade deal with anyone ?

Because that sees no tariff or duty applying to the trade unlike
currently.

If we have a trade deal with the USA will
the cost of say an iphone go up or down ?

It would make no difference because Apple claims
they are coming from an EU country, Eire.

Apple does not have a trade agreement with Eire the EU or the UK.

If it;s not the cost that changes what does ?

Nothing in the case of an iphone because in theory those arent
coming from the US, same with all other Apple products.

So nothing comes from the USA as long as we know.

SO we don't need a trade deal with the USA then do we.

With some other operations that export directly from the US to Britain,
you would no longer have to pay a small duty/tariff on those. But the
pound has sagged by more than that now that Britain has decided to
leave the EU, so the price would increase by more than that due to that.

currencies have always fluctuated that's what the EU was really all about leveling the field across the whole of europe but it failed with the Euro.

What differnce would a trade deal with teh USA make to someone in teh
EU buying an idevice can you at least answer a simple question like that.