Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default car battery, limited use, newish not taking a charge

In article ,
misterroy wrote:
Hi, I have a car that is not used much. I bought a new battery last
easter and moved the car when I took the battery home. About a month
later I went to move the car again and the battery was dead, no ignition
light. I cant remember how I charged it. The two subsequent times I have
tried to move it the battery has had to be charged and I have used a
fancy charger borrowed from a friend because my bog standard charger
cant put charge into it at all. Is the battery likely to be knackered?
Is it my fault for leaving it for a month to loose the charge?

You'd need to contact the maker and see how long they reckon it can be
left without use. Remember reading of one where the makers said it
couldn't be left for three weeks while going on holiday...

--
*I yell because I care

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.