Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default car battery, limited use, newish not taking a charge

Yes even when the car is just sitting there some do use quite a bit out of
the battery as people soon find out to their cost. The old dodge of
disconnecting it is no good as somemany bits of the car seem to lose their
memories when you do that, according to a breakdown guy over the road who
seems to be one of those loud voiced blokes who lets his wisdom flow
loudly. Lets just say its yet anothreason why I'm not bothered by not being
able to drive....
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 31/08/2016 21:16, misterroy wrote:
Hi, I have a car that is not used much. I bought a new battery last
easter and moved the car when I took the battery home. About a month
later I went to move the car again and the battery was dead, no
ignition light. I cant remember how I charged it. The two subsequent
times I have tried to move it the battery has had to be charged and I
have used a fancy charger borrowed from a friend because my bog
standard charger cant put charge into it at all. Is the battery
likely to be knackered? Is it my fault for leaving it for a month to
loose the charge? ta

Modern car batts don't respond well if deep discharged - so there is a
fair chance it well on the way to knackered.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |