Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default car battery, limited use, newish not taking a charge

In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 31/08/16 21:16, misterroy wrote:
Hi, I have a car that is not used much. I bought a new battery last
easter and moved the car when I took the battery home. About a month
later I went to move the car again and the battery was dead, no
ignition light. I cant remember how I charged it. The two subsequent
times I have tried to move it the battery has had to be charged and I
have used a fancy charger borrowed from a friend because my bog
standard charger cant put charge into it at all. Is the battery likely
to be knackered? Is it my fault for leaving it for a month to loose the
charge? ta

Do you have a car alarm or something that is draining the battery?

or a radio?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England