Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default car battery, limited use, newish not taking a charge

On 31/08/16 21:16, misterroy wrote:
Hi, I have a car that is not used much. I bought a new battery last easter and moved the car when I took the battery home. About a month later I went to move the car again and the battery was dead, no ignition light. I cant remember how I charged it. The two subsequent times I have tried to move it the battery has had to be charged and I have used a fancy charger borrowed from a friend because my bog standard charger cant put charge into it at all.
Is the battery likely to be knackered? Is it my fault for leaving it for a month to loose the charge?
ta

Do you have a car alarm or something that is draining the battery?

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."