Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default car battery, limited use, newish not taking a charge

"misterroy" wrote in message
Hi, I have a car that is not used much. I bought a new battery last easter
and moved the car when I took the battery home. About a month later I went
to move the car again and the battery was dead, no ignition light. I cant
remember how I charged it. The two subsequent times I have tried to move it
the battery has had to be charged and I have used a fancy charger borrowed
from a friend because my bog standard charger cant put charge into it at
all.
Is the battery likely to be knackered? Is it my fault for leaving it for a
month to loose the charge?
ta

Mine went flat overnight when (it seems) the AC fan didn't turn off, I
didn't realise. I charged it up and its been fine ever since.
I always check now that the car is making no noise (after a few mins).
Ford Fiesta crud (progress).
If you get the battery checked somewhere (which will prolly screw it
[drawing zillions of amps forever]), buy a new one