Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Lander Mike Lander is offline

Default OT Got out just in time.

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

On 30-Aug-16 6:27 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 30/08/16 18:17, Nightjar wrote:
I don't consider other EU citizens to be immigrants.

Holy crap. You really drank the kool-aid didn't you?

An isolationist like you may view people from the next village as
foreigners,

Pity, your posts are usually more intelligent than this. You seem to be
suffering from Our Dave's "if it's not white it must be black"
syndrome.

but I embrace the concept of a unified Europe.

Well good luck with that.

Various people have embraced this in the past, all failed every time.

It didn't with the UK.

See, it boils down to someone saying that we'll all be unified and
happy if everyone does it *my* way. And the peoples all reply, no
thanks, we're happy as we are. Then the contender tries again, this
time with tanks and bullets, whereupon the peoples all tell him to ****
off and get out their own tanks and bullets.

Happens every time.

Not with the UK.

In passing I note that some small scale attempts have also failed, such
as Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia.

The contender was Tito in the former case, which lasted until he pegged
it. Tito had made it worse by mixing the various Balkan peoples up. So
that when the **** did hit the fan, cue lots of ethnic cleansing. Oh,
and lots of hand-wringing from the usual suspects.

At least the break-up of Czechoslovakia was peaceful. But even they
wanted to do it.

I don't see any real difference between a Pole living in London
and a Scot or a Liverpudlian living there.

You don't need a unified Europe to have a Pole living in London. And
without a unified Europe, you've got a bigger chance that the Pole will
stay in London.