Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default car battery, limited use, newish not taking a charge

misterroy wrote:
Hi, I have a car that is not used much. I bought a new battery last
easter and moved the car when I took the battery home. About a month
later I went to move the car again and the battery was dead, no ignition
light. I cant remember how I charged it. The two subsequent times I have
tried to move it the battery has had to be charged and I have used a
fancy charger borrowed from a friend because my bog standard charger cant
put charge into it at all.
Is the battery likely to be knackered? Is it my fault for leaving it for
a month to loose the charge?
ta

Alas probably yes.

If you're using the car that infrequently it may be time to think about
alternatives. Hiring a car once a month would be a lot cheaper that
keeping/taxing/insuring/replacing the battery on a car used that
infrequently.

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file