Sofie

Default Turntable Help

Josh Nightingale:
If the problem persists..... plan to replace the belt and clean up the
pulley and platter where the belt rides. If the belt is slightly stretched
or worn this can happen again.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Josh Nightingale" wrote in message
om...
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I took off cover on the platter
and managed to push down the belt some. As of now... it is working!
At correct speed! I hope I have the problem fixed. I'll report back.
Thanks much to everyone for the suggestions about the belt and it
riding up and whatnot. I appreciate it much.
Josh Nightingale

(Michael Black) wrote in message

Udo Piechottka ) writes:
Sofie schrieb:

John Nightingale:
If this is a belt drive turntable then the first place I would look

is the
belt. If stretched or worn it could ride up or down on the motor

pulley

That won't explain why the turntable runs faster. In case of a

stretched or worn
belt the speed would decrease when the belt slips.

Yeah, my turntable turned a quarter century old in December, and it

needs
a little push to get started. One of these days, I really ought to
replace the belt.

Michael