Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Safety test of electrics

On 28/08/2016 20:01, dennis@home wrote:
On 28/08/2016 12:01, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

My own view is that 95% of an installation is hidden and inaccessible,
so no brief inspection can really be as thorough as needed. Only what
can be seen, can be inspected - for the rest you rely on what bit you
can see and adequately test.

Don't I know it!
Bloody ring main has a live fault.
You would think its going to be a loose screw but no all the screw and
terminations are correct!
Now AFAIK there isn't a junction between the last good socket and the
next one so what are the odds of a cable fault?

If there's a cable break, is it perhaps near where it's terminated? It
gets bent round into the junction box, so that's a point of maximum strain.

I think it will become a radial as I don't fancy ripping walls down ATM.