Mary Fisher

Default Strange noise from loft..

Most odd, maybe she hadn't realised that mice have teeth and very
effective teeth. Or perhaps the nibbling of "human food" rather than
"mouse food" upset her, young children can have a very black and white
world view.

I must have been about that age when I went to see my mother in the kitchen
of the nursery where she was a dinner lady (this more than 50 years ago).

She told me to sit very still and quiet and watch the floor near the gas
cooker. I did and was rewarded by seeing a mouse come out from behind the
stove. I was fascinated.

Oh - those were the days when children did as they were told ... :-)

(and Mars bars were on coupons and hardly seen)

Mary