Sofie

Default Turntable Help

Josh Nightingale:
I have seen many worn belts that ride up or down on the motor pulley and end
up riding on the LARGER DIAMETER edge, thus producing a much faster platter
speed.... that is why I made the belt the FIRST and most simple culprit to
check. Look at all the other reply posts to your original posting....
lots of good ideas.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Josh Nightingale" wrote in message
om...
It's an Aiwa PXE860 belt driven turntable. Let me know what other
details would be helpful.

Someone elsewhere suggested to me that when turntable belts need
replacing, it is usually because they are worn and slipping (or torn)
and that the speed would slow down, rather than speed up. Any
thoughts on this?
Thanks
Josh Nightingale

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message

Really need brand and model info.

Mark Z.

"Josh Nightingale" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
I am using an Aiwa PXE860 turntable currently. Recently, I was
playing a 33 rpm LP and all of the sudden, the speed went up
considerably for no reason. It sounded something like the LP being
played at 45 rpms.

I stopped playing the record, set the needle down and then tried
playing it again. Now, the record would not spin at all.

Later, I found that I could manually give the record a nudge in the
right direction and the platter would spin. However, the speed is
either too fast from the start of playing or it plays approximately
half of the LP before randomly speeding up.

Could anyone help me diagnose this problem? Is there a part I need to
replace or should I look into a new turntable? Thank you,
Josh Nightingale