Sofie

Default Turntable Help

Leonard Caillouet:
You are EXACTLY CORRECT with your reply to Udo Piechottka...... thanks for
verifying what we both already knew.
I have seen many worn belts that ride up or down on the motor pulley and end
up riding on the LARGER DIAMETER edge, thus producing a much faster platter
speed.... that is why I made the belt the FIRST and most simple culprit to
check.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message

"Udo Piechottka" wrote in message

Sofie schrieb:

John Nightingale:
If this is a belt drive turntable then the first place I would look is

the
belt. If stretched or worn it could ride up or down on the motor

pulley

That won't explain why the turntable runs faster. In case of a stretched

or worn
belt the speed would decrease when the belt slips.

I often found noisy speed pots (possiply reference trims inside) causing

this
effect.

Of course it would explain it. A belt that is stretched can ride onto the
larger part of the spindle causing this effect. If adjustments were the
solution, he would not have experienced such dramatic changes in speed.

I am not familiar with the model, but if it is belt driven it likely needs

belt and the spindle cleaned. If it is direct drive, there is likely a
defect that needs repair.

Leonard