Dave Liquorice

Default Strange noise from loft..

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 10:04:30 -0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

It's very comforting to read that posters are prepared to admit that
they have rodents.

Whats the problem? The mice are just outside the door along with
shrews, voles and rats. What do people expect an sensible animal to do
when it gets cold? It's not going to stay out in the cold when there
is a nice warm place with plentifull food supply just through that
hole...

We get an annual invasion around about mid October, when the first
cold nights/frosts occur. The rest of the time the house is rodent
free, well free of obvious signs of rodent... B-)

With young children there are small particles of food under the dining
table or on the kitchen floor, you'd have to hoover after every meal
to not have. One of the first indications of a "visitor" is a clean
carpet under the dining table or clean kitchen floor. I've watched
them foraging in the kitchen, they don't miss the tinyest a crumb. I
guess townies aren't used to the wildlife being quite so obvious and
close.

When I've said that we live in an unintended menagerie people
express horror - but I believe that there must be few houses without
the odd 'pest'.

None, dust mites are everywhere that humans live. What do they quote?
Half the weight of a 2 year old duvet is dust mite droppings or at
least a significant percentage... I bet there aren't many places
without woodlice somewhere or silverfish.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail