Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tascam digital recorder with defective display.

On 25/08/16 23:17, David Farber wrote:
AL wrote:
On 8/25/2016 1:11 PM, David Farber wrote:

How close was it to the band's woofer? Some of the bands I've heard
can really shake things up. Could the vibration have caused the
screen damage?
As an aside, years ago when the movie Earthquake first came out the
local theater put large woofers in the rear. So when the earthquake
scene came on the whole place really shook. After several weeks they
actually discovered structural damage to the building and the place
had to close for the repairs.

This is a rather low key band that plays traditional jazz music.

It's amazing a movie could be so loud that it caused structural damage to a
building but not cause hearing damage to the moviegoers!

Thanks for your reply.

In 1980 I saw Pink Floyd perform "The Wall"
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wall#Tour) live at London's Earl's
Court. At the end, when the Wall came down, the whole building
shook.You couldn't hear it, but you could sure feel it. As Earl's Court
could hold an audience of 20,000, that required some serious amplifiers.

Although it's a little hazy now, I believe I remember reading that Pink
Floyd used 55kW of amplification for the concert, of which 18kW was used
subsonically only at the end when the wall came down. I have no idea
what frequency they used or what sort of loudspeakers generated it.

--

Jeff