Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bostik

On Thursday, 25 August 2016 11:15:05 UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:
On 25/08/16 10:07, Muddymike wrote:

An old Land Rover manual says to use "Bostik" when applying the grommets
to the bell housing as well as when attaching the dust cover to the
front output shaft housing. I guess this dates back to when Bostik only
made one type of glue.

What would you recommend as today's equivalent?

One of the UHUs I would think, Or evostik

The evil smelly muck has to come from the solvent shed that works rather
than the eco friendly solvent free new formulation.

Not sure how well the latter stands up to being wet.

Some two part PU glues might outperform Bostik if you really need it.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Latex is very soft & easily removed. Quite unlike those others. And PU does not survive being wet for too long, despite what marketing depts want people to think.

NT