Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default uPVC French Doors - stripped screw holes

On 24/08/2016 15:32, DerbyBorn wrote:
Doing a routine clean and lube on my french doors and found the bottom
locking mechanism strip a little loose. Tried to tighten the screws and a
couple turned without gripping.

Any ideas on how to close up the hole to give the screws another chance or
am I looking and drilling some fresh holes in the locking bar?

Use fatter screws. You may need to increase the size of the holes in the
locking bar and/or the depth of the countersink slightly, if appropriate.
--
Cheers,
Roger