Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Energy supplier wants to fit Smart Meters - good?

Andrew brought next idea :
But why would you want to ?. I read my meter regularly, at the same
time and write the value and date on a bit of paper next to the meter.
I know exactly what my daily consumption is summer and winter. All
done with a biro.

I was doing that and feeding the data into a spreadsheet once per week,
but it really didn't compare to the 30 minute samples I get now, nor
the instantaineous consumption readings via the remote display.