Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Desktop computer question

Hey AW, oh wow, I just remembered A&W is a root beer.

I don't drink much root beer, but A&W is my favorite.

how often do you vacuum the dust out of your computers,
especially the one that stays on 24/7?

Basically only when I'm replacing components, maybe every 2-3 years or so.
Even then it's more of a "take a deep breath and blow" kind of cleaning.

It might just be where it's located in a cabinet under my desk, but there
is usually very little dust build up.

I recall servicing computers in the cleanest homes and offices and
those machines were often full of dust elephants.

The computer at my old job used to get so full of dust it would start
having operational issues. Overheating, card connectors getting flakey,
etc.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com