Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_7_] krw[_7_] is offline

Default Wood Movement: Is this a typo?

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 21:10:53 -0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

steve robinson wrote in
:

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:08:38 -0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

There's enough play in the biscuit slots, and enough variability
in the thickness of individual biscuits, to allow for noticeable
misalignment in an edge-to-edge glue-up, enough to leave a ridge
that's too big to remove with just a few passes with a card
scraper. I found that I can get better alignment, faster, without
the biscuits.

Then your either using wrong sized biscuits , wrong size blade the
machine incorrectly or the machine has a fault .

Nope. The main problem is that the biscuits aren't all the same thickness.

And are intended to swell when the glue wets them. It doesn't work as
advertised.