Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Inverter quality.

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
On 20/08/2016 01:28, Weatherlawyer wrote:
1500w 12v DC to 240v AC at just under 22 quid; is it too good to be true?

Work of pure fiction. Chinese watts must be 10x SI watts.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-1500W-...0V-AC-USB-UK-/

See note 1. It is guaranteed to work for perhaps at most 10 minutes from
new and will promptly expire if you try to use at "rated" power.

Reasonable ones rated ~300W can be had for about that sort of price and
that is a more realistic current draw from a car battery/cig lighter.

Try Amazon for ones that might actually work at a decent price.

Fag lighter sockets are generally rated at 10 amps. So 120 input watts.
And I'd personally not trust any at that for long.

Of course if you're not using the full rating of the inverter may be OK.
But I'd except a 300w type to come with a direct battery connection lead
too.

--
*When did my wild oats turn to prunes and all bran?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.