Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default OT ICE engined cars to be banned in Netherlands?

On 20/08/2016 08:24, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 14:25:56 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7197136.html

All cars to be electric.

Well, they do have a way to go to catch us up in terms of reducing CO2
emission per capita. 2014 Figures: Netherlands 9.4t (down from 11.1t
in 2007); UK 6.5t.
http://tinyurl.com/a4jgf5m and http://tinyurl.com/jeq3zcf

They're pretty reliant on fossil fuels. That's changing, and I'd expect
it go down a lot over the next 20 years. Their per-capita consumption of
electricity isn't that high.

I don't think many on this group take CO2 production as a proxy of
anything bad, though.

But I thought Holland was flat and they all rode bicycles!
http://tinyurl.com/hkqkuec

Seems that way from my limited experience!

--
Cheers, Rob