Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default nova newer and used only once

The legs are thin and what weight can it swing ? Ever turn a bowl
or large picture frame or large serving tray - I have. Get 50-100
pounds easily on some of this and vibration can cause all sorts of
trouble. I'd have to bag the legs with sand bags.

But then some lathes are never stable and people use them.

My uncle used to turn cowboy hats. We have three in the house.
Big chunk of log to turn a 'bowl' with a thin rim.....
I've been turning since I was 8 or 9. Only 60 years.

Martin

On 2016-08-16 03:20:57 +0000, Martin Eastburn said:

Looks a bit light but if used for pens and cups it would be ok.

Martin

Why do I think you've never seen one or used one?