Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default nova newer and used only once

looks like a vfd on there and maybe a swivel head for outboard turning

http://denver.craigslist.org/tls/5731004447.html

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Looks a bit light but if used for pens and cups it would be ok.

Martin

On 8/15/2016 1:09 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

looks like a vfd on there and maybe a swivel head for outboard turning

http://denver.craigslist.org/tls/5731004447.html

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 2016-08-15 18:09:00 +0000, Electric Comet said:

looks like a vfd on there and maybe a swivel head for outboard turning

http://denver.craigslist.org/tls/5731004447.html

Nope, that's their 8-speed model (just like the ad says). 1-1/2 HP.
Considering you can get it new (with out legs) for $1K (on sale). It's
over priced

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 2016-08-16 03:20:57 +0000, Martin Eastburn said:

Looks a bit light but if used for pens and cups it would be ok.

Martin

Why do I think you've never seen one or used one?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 22:15:12 -0700
Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

Considering you can get it new (with out legs) for $1K (on sale).
It's over priced

most things on craigslist are over priced but then again no one ever
pays that price and that is why they are always over priced

the legs on that one look ok and looks like the factory legs

they have a wide stance

probably 100 to 200 for those

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

The legs are thin and what weight can it swing ? Ever turn a bowl
or large picture frame or large serving tray - I have. Get 50-100
pounds easily on some of this and vibration can cause all sorts of
trouble. I'd have to bag the legs with sand bags.

But then some lathes are never stable and people use them.

My uncle used to turn cowboy hats. We have three in the house.
Big chunk of log to turn a 'bowl' with a thin rim.....
I've been turning since I was 8 or 9. Only 60 years.

Martin