Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default leds rather than fluorescents

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Its funny you know haw some tubes seemed to go on about the same for
many years, while others dimmed quite fast after about a year. I wonder
if anyone has ever worked out why this should be. I spoke to a chap who
used to fit and service large numbers of tubes in shops and he
confirmed that this always happened and that you needed to continuously
replace some tubes but not others.

Very much so. In my kitchen, the under cupboard lighting is a 6ft and 4ft
T8 tubes. Posh phosphors to match halogen. Driven by even posher dimmable
Orsram high frequency control gear. They get used several hours a day.
They are so old I can't remember exactly how many years. Probably about
15. It's quite possible the light output isn't as good as it was, but is
still more than adequate. They are to the side of the main window and
don't get much light from the patio doors, so tend to get more use than
the other lighting in the kitchen, which has quite dark coloured tiling.

--
*Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.