Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Kestner Evaporator

On 17/08/16 12:03, whisky-dave wrote:

Not sure if anyones intrested but I found this which is next to the re-opened station that was first opened in 1840.

I'm not sure what this Evaporator might have been used for or whether it has any conection with the trains at the time.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/whisky...57672501820525

Seems it was left there for a reason rather than just scraping it.

History of the station here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lea_Br...ailway_station

I think it's industrial, not connected with the railway.

Google tells me there is a company in the 'Rigg Approach' estate that
has been there since 1960, called "Union Veneers", though the current
location looks like a parking lot for http://www.lady-cars.com/.

Possibly that evaporator something to do with varnish or other coatings,
perhaps preventing solvent fumes from emission?

The Rigg Approach estate seems to have had an interesting history,
fires, illegal accommodation and bent coppers, no less!

--
Adrian C