Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default buying a brand new car

On 17/08/2016 11:13, tim... wrote:

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
On 13/08/16 10:57, Broadback wrote:
We are in the market for brand new car, but find the salesmen strangely
obstructive. They are totally reluctant to give a bottom line price, but
tell you repeatedly about this and that and the other discount.
Is it simply that my face does not fit or do others have the same
problem?

Of course they are unwilling to tell you the lowest price they will
accept! Their bonus is dependent on the amount they get you to pay.

Errr... The bottom line price is only offered to you at the point where
you are about to walk out of the showroom without them making a sale.

Wait till you buy the insurance, same game ...

No it's not

you go to Comparethemarket.com (other websites available)

and 100s of "bottom line prices" will be offered to you

Not always the cheapest one that you could get by talking directly to a
good insurance broker though. Having an idea of the results from such a
comparison ssite avoid expensive mistakes during renewal.

Likewise with mobile phone contracts. Unless you are talking to customer
retention when up for renewal you will pay through the nose. It is
amusing to probe for the walk away price when intending to leave. YMMV

Regards,
Martin Brown