Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default buying a brand new car

"Mark Allread" wrote in message
o.uk...
On Sat, 13 Aug 2016 10:57:30 +0100, Broadback wrote:

We are in the market for brand new car, but find the salesmen strangely
obstructive. They are totally reluctant to give a bottom line price, but
tell you repeatedly about this and that and the other discount.
Is it simply that my face does not fit or do others have the same
problem?

Have a look at some of the motoring magazines which will put you in touch
with brokers who buy in bulk to get fleet discounts. Many of them will
register you as first owner too.

What Car and, I think, AutoExpress also list 'best deal' prices to aim

I tried that at the local Hyundai dealer - they were having none of it.
Even for a car off the forecourt that they knew wasn't the spec that I
wanted. List price or no sale!

for and if you can't achieve it will then put you in touch with a
broker. Or so they used to claim.

They offered me a price but then couldn't find a dealer to supply at that
price

tim