Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default buying a brand new car

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 13/08/2016 11:17, Broadback wrote:
I am not new to buying a new car, approximately every 2 1/2 years, there
has always been an element of run around, but this time it is far worse.
VW do not have brochures but send en email with details, so they say,but
nothing has tuned up yet to replace the brochure.

Funny that, I've never bought a new car. My wife's is the only one we've
ever bought new. In 1999... and still going, not bad for a cheap shopping
trolley thingy! My current car is 15 years old and just on 130,000 miles.
Bought 2nd hand a year old for just over half list price.

you were lucky

whenever I have looked at nearly new cars the sticker price is only slightly
below new price, with less negotiation over a discount available

I guess that this is a regional thing

tim