Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Cutting a new window hole in a 4" thick conrete block wall - toolrecommendations?

On 16-Aug-16 3:34 PM, wrote:

Rotary grinders in general make an insane amount of dust. Is there
any other tool that anyone can recommend? (I'm visualising something
like a very large jig-saw with a diamond blade...)

Apparently, wet rotary saws make less dust - presumably it ends up as a
nasty wet slurry instead. You'd have to hire one, though.

If I had to do it with the tools I have, I'd tape everything up with
plastic, then use a 9" angle grinder to make a neat hole on the inside
and outside, and then join up those lines with an sds drill and chisel
attachment.