Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Cutting a new window hole in a 4" thick conrete block wall - toolrecommendations?

On 16/08/2016 15:34, wrote:
Hi again,

I want to cut a hole for a new window in my house. It's got fairly
standard cavity walls, built of concrete blocks. Actually the blocks
are somewhat non-standard as they have foam insulation inside them (I
mean inside the actual blocks - not inside the wall's cavity.) The
only masonry-cutting tool I own is a 9" angle grinder. This will cut
concrete blocks no problem, but only to about 3" deep. I suppose
could hire a 300mm grinder for about £28 a day plus the cost of the
cutting disk which I'm guessing won't be at all cheap.

Rotary grinders in general make an insane amount of dust. Is there
any other tool that anyone can recommend? (I'm visualising something
like a very large jig-saw with a diamond blade...)

Thanks for any tips you can offer,

JD

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-bric...de-240mm/70198

Never used one though.