Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Inspection chamber cover: Screws wl not unscrew...

Maurice wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 23:19:58 +0100, alan_m wrote:

For my manhole cover I just lever it up with a 'utility bar'

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p14195

I lever it up on one side just enough to slide/kick a piece of scrap
wood underneath,

The cover seems a very tight fit on the chamber, althogh I haven't had
time
to get on with post-bolt-removal stage yet.

Need some sharp gadget to start clearing whatever slight gap there is
there.
Usually a slim straight spade blade does the trick; not sure the chunky
utility bar could get its claw in.

Are you just trolling or are you wilfully ignoring the suggestion to use J
keys as suggested (and link provided) earlier on?

It's clear that the clearances down the sides are too narrow for any prying
device so you're going to have to hoik it out with something poked down the
screw holes. A J-shaped key sounds ideal. Hardly rocket science to
improvise something if you don't fancy buying keys.

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file