Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default buying a brand new car

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 14/08/2016 21:58, Rod Speed wrote:

But why are they selling a nearly car ? I can see why a car dealer
would do that with a demo, but why would anyone else do that ?

Hire car companies get offered deals on car that are not shifting and
then they in turn get rid of them before any servicing is required.

They must get some discount on the new price to make this economical. As
the largest depreciation is in the first year. Far more than the total of
a service and second year depreciation, I'd say. Unless their customers
insist on a less than one year old car.

They get a huge discount, have a look at post 7 here and it will show how
ignorant Rod is.

http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/...-money.158716/

Like hell it does. A buyback by the manufacturer is nothing even remotely
like what
we are discussing. Those arent anything even remotely like NEARLY NEW CARS.