Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Inspection chamber cover: Screws wl not unscrew...

On 15/08/2016 22:47, Andy Burns wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:

Someone provided a link to 'J' keys on the Screwfix site a few days ago.
A couple of pairs of those - and two people to operate them -should do
the trick.

Or a trolley jack at one end and a human at the other ...

For my manhole cover I just lever it up with a 'utility bar'

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p14195

I lever it up on one side just enough to slide/kick a piece of scrap
wood underneath, Once raised this far and is supported with the wood
just lift one edge by hand so that the the cover is vertical and then
just swing it to one side.