Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default buying a brand new car

alan_m wrote
Rod Speed wrote
alan_m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

But why are they selling a nearly new car ? I can see why a car dealer
would do that with a demo, but why would anyone else do that ?

Hire car companies get offered deals on car that are not shifting and
then they in turn get rid of them before any servicing is required.

I don’t believe that they are actually silly enough to
buy a new car just to avoid paying for the first service.

Just go to the Hertz (rent2buy) site where they are selling off hundreds
2015 ex rental cars with 25K miles on the clock

Those arent anything even remotely like nearly new cars.