Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default How to remove a parked car

Clive George wrote:
On 15/08/2016 11:11, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:

Talking of obstructing the view, there are a few roundabouts near us
which have bushes and trees cultivated on them (they are obviously
maintained, so their presence is not accidental). Not being able to see
over the roundabout is a bit of a bloody nuisance. Do you suppose they
do this on purpose? They seem to like punishing motorists round here.

Yes, it'll be deliberate. Same as the barriers on the central
reservation as you approach a roundabout to stop you seeing it. The idea
is it restricts your visibility, so forces you to slow down - I suspect
this works as intended, reducing accidents.

Maybe, but I think it makes it a bit more dangerous. The one I have in
mind is a small roundabout; and if you have already had to stop, it's
quite common to pull out into it, thinking (but not really sure) that
it's clear, while someone is just about to appear coming round the
corner to your right. You're committed by now, so all you can do is
keep going. I've never got used to it, and I go across the bloody thing
twice a day :-)