Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default How to remove a parked car

On Mon, 15 Aug 2016 11:11:31 +0100, "Dan S. MacAbre"
wrote:

snip

"Leaving ‘things’ (including advertising boards) on the highway

According to the Highways Act 1980 ( Section 148 and Section 149) it
is an offence if ‘a person deposits any thing whatsoever on a highway
to the interruption of any user of the highway without lawful
authority or excuse or if the thing “constitutes a nuisance” ‘ or
constitutes a “danger to users of the highway (including a danger
caused by obstructing the view)” then they they can remove it without
delay and recover the cost of removal from the owner. This can be used
by councils (sometimes) to removed advertising boards."

https://pedestrianliberation.org/the-law-2/

Cheers, T i m

Talking of obstructing the view, there are a few roundabouts near us
which have bushes and trees cultivated on them (they are obviously
maintained, so their presence is not accidental).

Same here.

Not being able to see
over the roundabout is a bit of a bloody nuisance.

It is, especially if you are trying to 'make good progress'. ;-)

Do you suppose they
do this on purpose?

I think they possibly might. If you spoil the sight line like that
then I guess it forces (good) drivers to slow their speed accordingly?

They seem to like punishing motorists round here.

Easy target, easy money, although they never seem to be where the
really bad drivers are to punish them? ;-(

That said, I was behind a police car when then came to a car that had
pulled out of a petrol station intending to turn right and obstructed
that one lane. The Police car pulled in front of them, forcing them
back into the petrol station and later on I saw the car still parked
up and the occupants walking off.

So, either they were pulled up for 'obstructing the free flow of
traffic' or the Policemen recognised the driver and had history on him

Cheers, T i m