Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default How to remove a parked car

T i m wrote:

When I bought this house the previous occupants had been here *years*
and because it was an EOT, had a garage in the back garden that they
use to park their car in, regularly driving over the pavement to do
so.

I had been here a few years myself when I received a letter from the
Council informing me that it was illegal to drive over the pavement
and I should desist doing so or ... pay to have the kerb dropped and
proper crossover laid ... with accompanying white lines etc, which I
did.

So, just because 'everyone' (and it isn't 'everyone' of course) does
something, doesn't mean it is right.

Quite.

Here is someone who got it wrong:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/way/story-24077907-detail/story.html