Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default How to remove a parked car

On 14/08/2016 19:15, ARW wrote:
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"James Wilkinson" writes:
If someone parks in front of your house, simply use a large power
tool such as a brush cutter, and start sending bits of twig flying
everywhere. The car will get moved very quickly :-)

Would love to know how to get rid of an abandoned car in the road,
where we are short of parking places.

When I was a young and stupid teenager I would have moved it for £20
cash and no questions asked.

This is one of those occasions when citizens should act, but
surreptitiously so the authorities aren't forced to act. Have a word in
the ear of the local cops, then late at night pull the car onto a
transporter (smash the glass to release the handbrake and knock it into
neutral) and take it away. The destination is your choice, but if it's
left somewhere where it's causing an obstruction the council will remove
it. A possibility is somewhere along a long straight narrow rural road.

Bill