Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Outdoor decorative laser lights - safe?

On Saturday, 13 August 2016 12:13:18 UTC+1, Brian-Gaff wrote:
Well obviously I cannot see the pictures, but most lasers sold for home use
are safe, its often people pointing them at drivers and pilots that causes
issues. I can well recall in the 80s at a Cliff concert lots of lasers were
aimed just above the heads of the audience to make the dry Ice smoke look
more weird for devil Woman, and several of us stood up and got eyefulls of
blue green laser light and though it was obviously momentarily dazzling it
did no harm.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Davidm" wrote in message
Went to a friends barbeque last night and they had two of these in the
garden, one pointing up at rear house wall (including windows), and
another up to a tree at the end of the garden. Looked amazing.

http://www.outdoordecordirect.com/artifact/2336252/

(American site, but available in UK via Amazon and others).

Are these safe and legal, eg. if you happen to look at one from a few
metres away, and what about aircraft if it pointing upwards, given all
the recent problems with handheld lasers around airports?

It's a tiltable garden light of the peg it in the soil variety and costs 42 dollars (out of stock.) No idea how much they are when they have them in.

So how much does the jewellery involved cost or have they managed to refine quartz crystals to do them with?