Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Stump removal

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 10/08/2016 16:27, rick wrote:
On 8/10/2016 2:31 PM, mike wrote:
don't know what the reach of a backhoe is but if it's possible to
knock them out this way, I would spend the money on that rather than the
aggravation of hiring/using a stump grinder.

In fact, I'd look at hiring a long reach excavator if that's what's
necessary to teach the *******s who's boss. I hate Leylandii.

As per OP .. there is no option to get in a machine .... have a nice new
stone patio my side of wall ... so not putting machine on it .... and
other side of bank is a 25' drop to a filed ..... too steep to put a
machine on. (even if I did have access) ... it is also heavily wooded

Heavy lift helicopter? ;-)

a nearby house hired a crane to get conservatory parts over the roof top.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England