Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default Nail in car tyre - DIY?

On 13/08/2016 06:25, F Murtz wrote:
wrote:
On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 12:32:06 PM UTC+1, F Murtz wrote:
David wrote:
Had the car serviced the other day, and they noted a nail in a rear
tyre,
but that there didn't seem to be any leakage.

I see two obvious options:

(1) Remove the nail myself and if there is no air leakage job done.
If air
leaks, take to tyre place to fix.

(2) Take tyre to tyre place to fix - which may just result in paying
for
them to do the first part of (1).

Going route (1) assumes that if the nail hasn't penetrated the inner
casing (or not enough to cause a leak) then all is O.K.

Does this seem a reasonable approach?

Cheers

Dave R

This is DIY get a kit and DIY, it is easy put some goop on poke thing
with sticky string stuff on it in pull uot and cut off excess easy
peasey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKwvObmidh0

That's not a safe repair method.

Philip

It is the method used by the vast majority of repairs of nail in
tubeless tyres, I wonder could you show me an alternative method.(not
talking about tube type as they are becoming rare)

Most I have seen have a positive means of location inside the tyre, an
example he
http://www.tyresuppliers.ltd.uk/puncture-repairs.html