Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default The girl who says 'no'

Yes I know that. What I mean is that apart from when the BT Openreach
girlie came round and rejigged some cabling when we went FTTC, I've
not had to do with BT at all for any purpose since we joined JL
Broadband (i.e. PlusNet, in effect), including not for the phone.

Someone upthread had appeared to imply that while PlusNet did
broadband, phone might be a different story.

The point is that whoever you go with if it uses phone cables then BT
via Openreach have their grubby paws on it and the service level.

Umm .. Virgin Media?.. FTTC since they started. Co-ax to the home..

who have a monopoly in the areas they serve - not many people know that.

Odd if they don't know but still seeing that we "grew up" in a cabled
area

The number of people who dis'sed them off for digging up the roads back
then, there are people now who'd neigh on pay for the road to be dug up
to get their fast fibre service;!!
--
Tony Sayer