Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default LED's - pleased with them

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
If you don't mind mixing the sort of lamp in the fixtures you can use the
rather too well collimated LED spotlights for task lighting and the
standard shaped ordinary bulbs for a more diffuse general lighting.

The problem is matching the colour: LED lights are daylight coloured and
tungsten lights look horribly dingy alongside them.

If GU10s could be made with a wider beam coverage and a softer edge to
the beam, they'd be even better. We've got used to the ones in the
kitchen, though when we have the kitchen cupboards changed I might see
it we can have small LED lamps fitted under the cupboards to provide
more light on the work surfaces in addition to the overhead spotlights.

Some corn on the cob type work well for ambient lighting in spotlight type
fixtures or the ones with a flat disk emitter covered in LED.

Worth experimenting to get the best lighting for the kitchen usage.

Yes. Part of the problem is getting a wire to any other fittings that we may
put on other parts of the ceiling - it would mean clearing furniture, and
lifting carpets and floorboards upstairs to run additional cables to new
holes in the kitchen ceiling. Like many 1930s houses, it just has one light
fitting in the centre of each room.