Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Insulation "problems"??

On 10/08/2016 10:28, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/08/2016 08:40, Tim+ wrote:
Chris Hogg wrote:

Nothing to do with insulation, but it sounds as though you could do
with blocking nuisance calls. Sign up with the telephone preference
service: http://tinyurl.com/btb4fz8

Which will have virtually no effect.

I would tend to disagree. Having done it myself, I found that it does
block a reasonable proportion. Many of the remainder can also be sent
scurrying at the mention of the TPS.

It s won't stop the international ones and some of the less scrupulous
ones, but I found it worth doing (especially since its easy and costs
nothing)

Despite being with the TPS I was starting to get around 20 calls per
week with the majority presenting number withheld or International.
A large percentage were automated and when the answerphone cut in a
message was recorded. Most were about PPI, having illegal gas boilers
(it's illegal to have a boiler more than 10 years old) and claiming
damages for accidents that I haven't had. Presumably all calls were on
behalf of UK companies.