Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
charles charles is offline

Default The girl who says 'no'

In article , tony sayer
wrote:
In article , Martin Brown |||newspam|||@ne
zumi.demon.co.uk scribeth thus
On 11/08/2016 09:20, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Martin Brown
wrote:

On 10/08/2016 22:54, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Capitol wrote:

We're with John Lewis broadband which is handled by Plusnet and they
do our phone too. Nary a sight of BT.

Are you really sure about that? BT took over Plusnet in about 2006
and was finalised in 2007 so they have been a part of BT for nearly a
decade (admittedly with a somewhat better corporate culture).

Yes I know that. What I mean is that apart from when the BT Openreach
girlie came round and rejigged some cabling when we went FTTC, I've
not had to do with BT at all for any purpose since we joined JL
Broadband (i.e. PlusNet, in effect), including not for the phone.

Someone upthread had appeared to imply that while PlusNet did
broadband, phone might be a different story.

The point is that whoever you go with if it uses phone cables then BT
via Openreach have their grubby paws on it and the service level.

Umm .. Virgin Media?.. FTTC since they started. Co-ax to the home..

who have a monopoly in the areas they serve - not many people know that.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England