Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
charles charles is offline

Default The girl who says 'no'

In article , tony sayer
wrote:
In article , Cursitor Doom
scribeth thus
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 14:39:00 +0200, Martin wrote:

You could also see it as being snotty to an unliked customer.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 13:30:23 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Yes but the lack of initiative or as they call it now, thinking
outside the box, is usually a symptom of University syndrome where
common sense is replaced by useless knowledge. Brian

Wimin take offence far more easily than men; it's impossible to avoid
sometimes. I always despair when a woman answers the phone and I have a
technical query because I know I'm going to have to explain the problem
twice: once to her and once again to the man she then puts me through
to.

Yes same here VERY rarely do you find one who can answer the question
there was one at Neve many years ago and another at Allen and Heath but
thats about it...

Inn BBC EID our clerks (female) were usually capable of answering most
queries, if they got stuck one of the engineers would take the call.
However, there was a caller who insisted he "talk to an engineer"; he
wouldn't tell the clerk anthing. So, he did talk to an engineer - our only
female one! I don't think he appreciated it.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England