Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default My Sanyo portable model, VCR 7300, needs the loading

Where are you geographically ? I don't know what that other dude is talking about with this "why are you treating him this way ?". It is a legitimate question.

Let me tell you some true ****. I am in Cleveland, Ohio and I fixed a stereo for a guy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It was a kinda heavy bulky thing and cost $300 round trip on UPS, AND THEY ****ED IT UP. And in an insidious way that would be so hard to prove. So he gets ahold of me and we talk, he emails video of what its doing and pictures of a part that fell out and then we met, pretty much at the state line. Little bar off the pike and can whet your whistle a bit.

Bottom line, if you want to ship two betamaxes it is not likely to be cheap.. And if you need belts, let's just say the days of the five buck belt kits are over.

If the Sanyo has the mech I think it has it will need a super small belt and probably idler. I would guess they are not that great of a deck, but if the heads are good they are worth fixing if you can get the parts. And of course now there are 3D printers if you peel off enough green. Actually you have to glue the thing together and they have to go in a program like Solidworks or something and fix it. THEN it gets sent to the 3D printer without the line in it from where the glue was. And you have to learn this software, it doesn't just do it automatically. Friend of mine does something similar and figures he should be able to do it with the software on his PC, which is Rhino, which is supposedly better than Solidworks.

But they got a specific file type for that. I forgot the extension but it is kinda standardised.

Now, this (SL)2700. That is a hifi deck correct ? By that time I do believe their mech used that much coveted reel motor assembly that allowed them to go into reverse immediately. If your reel drive runs off of your capstan motor you need a tape slack pickup routine every time the customer pushes reverse search. With a separate rell motor that is not a problem.

Problem is something started happening to those motors and they started pulling alot of current. And back then $70 for the motor itself, and the is net dealer price.

You knew by this one transistor failing time and time again. The only thing you could do now is to modify it to supply the current. But in time, how long will the motor take it and how long will the power supply supply it ?

No matter what this is not going to be cheap.